Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Progress


Goodness time sure does fly by I can’t believe how long I let blogging go undone for! I think I didn’t have as much material to post because I wanted to change the theme of this blog to a weight loss journey, but I mistakenly thought I couldn’t blog about anything else during the time of this weight loss journey. Eh, wrong.  I also haven’t turned into a psychotic gym junkie like I would’ve liked, I think I might need to find a new gym, or change the hours I go, it’s just way too busy for my liking. But anywho I’m here to update yall on some thangs.

I still have been making it to the gym a couple times a week, but I’m also still lacking in the adding more than just cardio into my workout (although I did do arms last night, yay me! ). I think I was just trying to condition myself into a runner more than anything first, but I know that my flab won’t tone up without some weight lifting added in. I have made some good progress with running. Finally pegged down a good pace for me and learned how fast a run a mile. For those of you who are curious 13 minutes is the time at a 4.5mph pace. Yes I would like it to be faster, but was also surprised it wasn’t worse. That’s pretty good for an asthmatic who smokes on the weekends (tisk tisk girly, I know). I'm also pretty excited to run my 3rd 5k in May; doing The Color Run again this year, so much fun last year! I also haven’t lost or gained any weight, which sucks and is good, obviously I’d like to see some results but I have been getting some crazy compliments and attention lately, I don’t get it. I must be putting out some good vibes lately. J

In the realm of personality changes I’ve been working on for months now, I’m doing decent. I am a big picture person who expects to make a change and it be done, not realizing most things take baby steps and that’s what I’ve got to do in each area of my life; be patient, things will work out as long as you stick with them and try hard, oh and of course as long as they’re meant to be. That’s a tricky one, being meant to be, but once you finally realize life isn’t fair you learn to get over things you wanted but didn’t get a little easier. So in terms of patience, I’ve grown some, just a little, but progress is what we’re striving for here.

I still have issues with positivity but that too is another thing I’ve realized I’m doing much better at than before, and that is something I need to acknowledge and be proud of. Giving yourself credit is for sure a part of the growing process. You won’t ever appreciate how far you’ve come or really feel it if you don’t acknowledge the right things you’ve done to get there.

You also have to do nice things for yourself to enjoy life every now and then, like vacation.  Here is a picture of me (2nd from left) and some friends doing a shot-ski at our friend’s chalet in Boyne, MI. Great times with great people J


I’m hoping to make the gym again tomorrow; tonight I’ve got birthday dinner at a fancy restaurant for my BFFs birthday. Hopefully my lazy bum will be back sooner than later to update on this crazy journey I call my life. Til then my friend, have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through SkinnyMeg. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck!

    ReplyDelete